Kushly is a new player in the CBD market with a good company motto of Plants, not Pills. This brand works on bringing good CBD products on the market by using organic ingredients and modern CO2 extraction methods. Even though the website claims that there are lab tests done on the Kushly products, no one has published any lab tests online. The company tries to use only US-made ingredients in its products. They have a nicely varied product line with oils, capsules, gummies, topicals and skincare products, pet products, and more unique CBD toothpicks.
Most of the Kushly products are made with full-spectrum CBD hemp extract that has less than 0.2% THC, and some are made with CBD isolate with zero THC. All the products are organic, GMO-free, and made with as many natural ingredients as possible. I find this admirable, as many companies will try to circumvent this to gain more profit. What I find lacking about this brand is the small amount of CBD in some of their products that still have a higher price tag. But the multitude of positive reviews proves that this is a good CBD brand that is here to stay.
The Kushly.com Brand Overview
Kushly is a CBD brand that is trying to find its place on the CBD market by offering premium products with impeccable quality. I’ve checked many of the claims and here are my findings of Kushly. This CBD brand is located in Los Angeles, California, and has been a part of the CBD market since 2019.
They source organic hemp sourced from Kentucky and use CO2 extraction to draw out the active cannabinoids from the raw materials. Their products have only trace amounts of THC that are well within the legal limits which makes them legal to use across the USA. The company tends to use 100% organic ingredients that are gluten-free and GMO-free. The official website states that the company makes lab tests on its product to check the purity and potency, but I seem unable to locate the published lab test results.
When we are on the topic of the website, it has a very nice design with a modern theme. I liked the bright green color throughout the site, but it could use some more detailed information about the company and its manufacturing practice. Kushly offers standard USPS shipping and a 30-day return option. Overall, this seems like a good CBD brand, so let’s take a look at its products.
Kushly makes a variety of CBD products and here I provide an overview of all of these.
The Kushly CBD tinctures are made with full-spectrum CBD hemp extract that has less than 0.3% THC but still contains all the important active cannabinoids and terpenes from the hemp plant. The CBD tinctures are made with MCT oil as a carrier oil. These come in three concentrations of CBD per 30 ml bottle – 300 mg, 600 mg, and 1000 mg CBD.
The natural taste of the full-spectrum CBD hemp oil that is used as a base for the Kushly CBD tinctures is grassy to earthy which can be appealing to some and intolerable for others. That is why Kushly adds natural flavors to make the flavor more appealing to more people. Besides the raw, natural flavor, the Kushly CBD oils are available in mint, cinnamon, vanilla, and lemon flavors.
The Kushly capsules enable the user to always get 25 mg of CBD hemp extract without the unpleasant taste in the mouth. These capsules are packed in bottles with 30 capsules and depending on your needs and habits, you should take 1-2 capsules a day.
Kushly offers CBD gummies made with pure CBD, for a completely THC-free experience. These are made with 30 mg of CBD per gummy and are infused with other tasty ingredients that allow for a fun way of taking CBD. They come in packs of 25 gummies in assorted flavors. The Kushly CBD gummies contain organic cane sugar, citric acid, gelatin, CBD isolate, and natural colors and flavors derived from fruits and veggies.
CBD Topicals and Skincare
Kushly has a good offer of CBD topicals and a complete skincare line of CBD products.
- Topical CBD Ointment – this ointment is made with full-spectrum CBD hemp extract and has less than 0.2% THC. This ointment gives a nice cooling sensation due to the menthol content and offers almost immediate relief to the affected areas. It is packed in a bottle of 50 ml with 600 mg of CBD.
- Topical CBD Ointment – Max Strength – this ointment is made with 1500 mg of CBD in a 50 ml bottle along with other ingredients that provide relief from pain directly on the affected areas. It contains menthol for added relief and cooling effect.
- Collagen Retinol + CBD Revive Cream – this is a formulation designed to help the skin boost its collagen production and smooth out wrinkles and fine lines. It is infused with CBD for improved function and is packed in a 15 ml pump bottle with 20 mg of CBD.
- CBD Face Cleanser – a face cleansing formulation made with full-spectrum CBD hemp extract that helps soothe irritated skin, this product has 20 mg of CBD in 120 ml bottle. Besides the CBD, it also contains avocado oil, witch hazel oil, and peppermint oil, all ingredients that have beneficial effects on the skin.
- CBD Facial Toner – a product intended to help balance the production of the natural oils in the skin, this toner is made with full-spectrum CBD hemp oil and select ingredients that help the skin. it is packed with 20 mg of CBD in a 120 ml bottle and contains witch hazel extract, aloe vera, peppermint oil, corn oil, and macadamia extract.
- Anti-Aging CBD Cream – a product made with full-spectrum CBD hemp extract and apple stem cells, this cream helps the skin retain its youthful look, regain tightness and smooth out wrinkles. The cream also contains avocado oil, jojoba oil, aloe vera extract, and other helpful ingredients. It is packed in a 30 ml jar with 20 mg of CBD.
- Under Eye Anti-Aging Cream – made with 20 mg of full-spectrum CBD hemp extract and packed in a 15 ml jar, this product is intended to help the thin skin under the eyes to retain its moisture and smooth out any wrinkles found here. It also helps the dark circles disappear as it contains anti-inflammatory ingredients such as CBD, avocado oil, collagen, and glycerin.
- CBD + Dead Sea Mud Mask and Vulcanus Kaolin – in the skincare line of Kushly product, this mud mask is made with CBD, mud from the Dead Sea, and volcanic kaolin clay. The Kushly Dead Sea Mud mask is packed in 30 ml jars and contains 50 mg of CBD.
- CBD Bath Bomb – made with 25 mg of CBD in a blend of essential oils and natural salts, a bath bomb is a great way of relaxing while taking a bath and infusing your body with CBD. The Kushly Bath Bombs come in several aromas like citrus, rose, eucalyptus mint, and lavender.
Several CBD companies have started offering toothpicks infused with CBD, and this is a trend that seems to be catching on. Kushly makes CBD-infused toothpicks along with compounds that support oral health and provide fresh breath. The pack of Kushly toothpicks contains 250 mg of CBD and 10 toothpicks in total. These come infused with CBD and several flavors like cinnamint (cinnamon + mint), caramel apple, strawberry limeade, and tropical mint.
CBD Pet Products
Kushly makes specific CBD products intended for dogs. The dog treats come in several flavors and contents of CBD. The small dog hemp treats come with 25 mg of CBD per 90-gram bag with 25 individual treats. These come in flavors like Apples & Cinnamon Oats, Bacon & Sweet Potato, and Peanut Butter & Pumpkin and Blueberry and Chicken. These should be given to small breed dogs of up to 25 pounds.
The large dog hemp treats contain 50 mg of CBD per 90-gram bag with 20 individual treats and are for dog breeds that weigh over 25 pounds. There are flavors like Blueberry & Chicken, Bacon & Sweet Potato, Apples & Cinnamon Oats, and Peanut Butter & Pumpkin.
Pros and cons
After researching Kushly and reviewing the brand and its products, I came with some pros and some cons.
- US-grown organic hemp from Kentucky
- CO2 extraction
- Nicely designed website
- Seemingly affordable prices
- Varied product offer
- No lab test results published online
- Some products have very small amounts of CBD
The Podcast Feat. Cody Alt
Want to learn more about the owner? Great, then check out this podcast that he did at The CBD Source. This should answer a lot of the questions that you have about the creator and brand in general.
Kushly is a relatively young CBD brand that wants to get in step with the more experienced brands on the CBD market. Their motto explains the brand’s intentions of Plants, Not Pills, as the company strives to use only organic ingredients in their products. They use organic hemp from Kentucky and use CO2 extraction. The website claims that the lab tests the products, but I did not find any actual proof of this. They have made a proper product offer and have CBD oils, CBD capsules, CBD edibles, CBD topicals, and skincare products, as well as CBD toothpicks and CBD pet products. Yes, a good product offers with nice prices.
Still, from everything I saw, some of their products have really low CBD content with a higher price tag than the competition. However, the website holds a lot of reviews on all their products which can seem like overkill, because all the reviews are positive. Kushly gets a lot of respect from many people on social media also, which proves that they make good CBD products or at least have a solid following a social proof that they’re the real deal.