Canviva has been around for a couple of years and at that time, this CBD brand has made a good impact on the CBD market. They use organic industrial hemp grown in the US and make their extract with ethanol extraction.
All the Canviva.com products are made with full-spectrum CBD hemp extract, are GMO-free, and contain less than 0.3% THC, thus they are legal everywhere in the USA. With high quality and good potency, the Canviva CBD products deserve to become a part of your daily CBD routine.
Many CBD companies are “fighting” for the spot as a trusted, or a go-to CBD brand. Many have succeeded and built a reputation of a verified and trusted brand, and many are still working on it.
However, the whole CBD industry is a little over six years old, so many new CBD companies are emerging weekly and are trying to find their spot in this market. In addition to TruthAboutHemp.org, Canviva has been featured in CBD School, USA Today, Allure, Marie Claire, Shape, and other publications.
Among the younger CBD companies that are working hard to gain the trust of the customers is the Canviva CBD brand. I’ve published this review of Canviva to share a detailed analysis of the brand and an overview of their products.
Table of Contents
The Canviva Brand
Canviva was founded in 2018 and is based out of Minnetonka, Minnesota. This brand has a very nicely designed website where I could easily find all the important info about the brand. Their mission is to be a trusted CBD brand, and they work on achieving this by using high-quality products.
The company was founded by Jim Zimmerman and Dave Rye, both experts in their respective fields. After finding success with CBD, they decided to start their CBD company and bring superior quality CBD products on the market, as their website states.
The company uses hemp grown organically on US soil. They use ethanol-based extraction to get their full-spectrum CBD hemp extract which is the base for all their products. All the Canvivia products contain less than 0.3% THC, making them legal in the whole of the USA.
The company uses an independent lab to test its products and publishes the results online for transparency. Each customer can also check the lab reports for their particular purchase.
Canviva has good customer service; they are available via phone, email, and social media. They ship all their products via USPS, and there is a 30-day return option for anyone that is not satisfied with their purchase.
The Canviva brand makes three types of CBD products, CBD tinctures, CBD topical creams, and CBD for pets.
Canviva makes several different CBD tinctures. These all contain full-spectrum CBD hemp extract, have less than 0.3% THC, and other ingredients for added targeted effect.
- Boost CBD Oil Tincture is made with 500 mg of CBD in a 30 ml bottle. This tincture also contains all the phytocannabinoids from the hemp plant and has less than 0.3% THC. It is blended with MCT coconut oil as a carrier oil and has essential oils from coriander and lemon for an added boost of energy levels and helping the body stay in a good mental and physical state.
- Calm CBD Oil Tincture contains 500 mg of CBD and is packed in a 30 ml bottle. The tincture is made with full-spectrum CBD hemp extract, has less than 0.3% THC and has no added artificial flavors, sweeteners and colors. To help the intended effect, this tincture contains essential oils from bergamot and Ylang Ylang, as these are known for their beneficial calming and relaxing effects.
- Digest CBD Oil Tincture has 500 mg of CBD in a 30 ml bottle. The blend contains full-spectrum CBD hemp extract, has less than 0.3% THC, MCT coconut oil as a carrier oil and is made from all-natural ingredients. To help digestion, this tincture also contains essential oils from fenugreek and thyme, both famous remedies that aid in digestion, balance and improved health of the digestive system.
- Focus CBD Oil Tincture has 500 mg of CBD in a 30 ml bottle and is made with full-spectrum BD hemp extract. The oil has less than 0.3% THC and is made with natural MCT carrier oil made from coconuts. CBD is known to aid in focus, but to increase its effects, this tincture is enriched with essential oils from lemon balm and holy basil.
- Pure Mint CBD Oil Tincture has 500 mg of full-spectrum CBD hemp extract in a 30 ml bottle. The CBD extract is made from the whole plant, and the useful phytocannabinoid-rich extract was made with ethanol extraction. To boost the flavor and add to the relaxing effects of CBD, this tincture has essential oils from spearmint and cardamom that give it a minty, sweet taste.
- Restore CBD Oil Tincture has 500 mg of CBD in a 30 ml bottle. This tincture is made with full-spectrum CBD hemp extract, has less than 0.3% THC and contains natural MCT carrier oil. To help the restorative effects of CBD, the tincture is enriched with turmeric oil and essential oil from ginger.
- Rest CBD Oil Tincture has 500 mg of CBD and comes in a 30 ml bottle. The tincture is made from whole-plant hemp extract and contains all the useful cannabinoids and terpenes. It has less than 0.3% THC and is blended with MCT carrier oil derived from coconuts. To improve the effects of CBD, this tincture is infused with Chamomile and Clary Sage essential oils.
- Soluble CBD Oil Tincture has 500 mg of CBD in a 30 ml bottle. This is a slightly more expensive product than the other CBD oil tinctures on this list as it made in a special way that micronized the larger CBD particles in smaller particles that are easily soluble in water, food or drinks. The soluble CBD tincture is intended for people that do not like to use CBD oil sublingually and like to experiment with CBD in their food and drinks.
- Pure CBD Oil Tincture is a product with 500 mg full-spectrum CBD hemp extract that is made with ethanol extraction. The result is a pure, potent product that has all the beneficial terpenes and cannabinoids from the hemp plant, but has less than 0.3% THC This oil is unflavored and contains only natural MCT oil derived from coconuts. This tincture also comes in a small 10 ml bottle for people that are first starting with CBD. It also comes in a concentration of 1500 mg of CBD in a 30 ml bottle with high potency. This product is intended for people that are suffering from severe symptoms and need the hefty punch a highly concentrated tincture brings.
Many CBD brands make topical products infused with CBD and various other ingredients. Canviva follows this trend and they offer CBD roll-on gel, CBD body lotion, and CBD oil balm.
- Soothe CBD Oil Balm is made with 300 mg full-spectrum CBD hemp extract and it is packed in a bottle of 60 ml. The balm is intended to bring comfort to the skin from all types of irritations. The balm is made with all-natural ingredients and has less than 0.3% THC. It contains a total of 370 PCR hemp extract, from which 300 mg is CBD, and has shea butter, mango butter, almond oil, jojoba oil, Bulgarian lavender essential oil, carrot seed oil, phyto-squalane, and vitamins A and E.
- Relieve CBD Oil Roll-on Gel is made with 300 mg of CBD in a 75 ml roll-on bottle for easy application. This formulation is made with plenty of natural ingredients like arnica extract and aloe extract, ingredients that have great pain-relieving properties. Along with the CBD, these ingredients bring targeted relief right on the place where it is needed the most, like sore muscles, inflamed joints, and the added menthol brings a nice cooling sensation for extra relief.
- Refresh CBD Oil Body Lotion is made with 300 mg of CBD, but it contains 375 mg of phytocannabinoid-rich hemp extract. It has less than 0.3% THC and also contains other natural ingredients that hydrate the skin and have a soothing effect. These include jojoba oil, almond oil, avocado oil, shea butter, as well as rosemary and spearmint essential oils. It quickly absorbs in the skin, leaving it feeling nurtured and luxurious.
Because our furry friends can benefit from the use of CBD, Canviva has made excellent pet CBD oil. This CBD tincture is made with 500 mg of CBD in a 30 ml bottle and is a blend of CBD oil, MCT coconut oil as a carrier oil and salmon oil for improved health and wellbeing of your pet. This CBD oil can be given to cats and dogs and the dosing is per body weight or 1 drop for every five pounds of body weight as a regular dose or two drops for every five pounds body weight for a strong dose.
Pros and Cons
I’ve made my fair share of reviews on many topics and CBD brands, and I’ve learned to easily spot the strong sides and the not-as-strong sides of a certain CBD brand. Here are my findings on the Canviva brand.
- US-grown hemp and US-based production: the company sources its hemp from US farms with organic practices. All their products have the Made in USA stamp.
- Full-spectrum CBD hemp extract: all the Canviva products are made with full-spectrum CBD hemp extract, but the company is careful to keep the THC level well below 0.3%. Still, each product lists the full content of PCR hemp extract and the exact CBD content, letting people know that the Canviva products contain all the natural terpenes and cannabinoids from the hemp plant.
- GMO-free, organic hemp yields organic oil: since the hemp used in the production of the Canviva products is grown organically, the extract is also organic, free from pesticides and herbicides.
- Independent lab tests: the company tests its products for composition, purity and terpene profile. The test results are published on each product page, and anyone can also check the exact lab report that matches the product they’ve purchased.
- Ethanol extraction: even though many companies opt for the CO2 extraction, Canviva have selected the ethanol extraction as their preferred method. This extraction method is very safe and it yields high-quality results, as plenty of foods and pharmaceutical medication are produced with ethanol extraction.
- No exact source of hemp listed: the company discloses that they use US-grown hemp, but they do not disclose the state they source the hemp from.
- No CBD vapes, CBD capsules, or CBD edibles: Canviva only has CBD oil tinctures, albeit in a wide variety, three types of topical products and CBD oil for pets. Still, many people prefer the “tasteless” CBD capsules, or the “tasty” CBD edibles, or using CBD vape liquid for an immediate effect. Canviva should really think about adding such products to their catalog.
In the few short years that Canviva has been on the market, they’ve built up a good name for themselves. The company uses organically-grown industrial hemp from US farms and they use the ethanol extraction method to produce their full-spectrum CBD-rich hemp extract.
From this, they make a wide array of CBD tinctures infused with various essential oils, CBD oil for pets, and CBD topical products infused with an array of natural ingredients that boost the intended effects.
The company has a transparent relationship with its clients, they publish third-party lab tests online and have a regular discount policy, as well as coupon codes and sales. From everything I’ve found out, I can freely say that Canviva knows their business, they bring good CBD products and they are well on their way of becoming a trusted, go-to CBD brand.