CBD has become a very popular supplement and an important part of alternative medicine. This has led to the emergence of many, and I do mean many CBD brands on the market. Oftentimes people don’t know who they can trust.
It is why I’ve taken it upon myself to bring you the best information related to hemp and CBD, the benefits and support this by bringing you detailed reviews of CBD brands.
For today’s topic, we have Highlands Pharms, a CBD manufacturer out of Texas. Read on and learn about the brand, its policy, and products.
Table of Contents
Overview of Highland Pharms
The Highland Pharms CBD brand used hemp grown in Colorado and California and processes it via the CO2 extraction method. This way, they can be certain that the products delivered under the Highland Pharms name are pure, potent and safe to consume.
Each product is tested for purity and potency, and the results are published online, for a transparent connection with the clients. They use full-spectrum CBD hemp extract to produce the many products on their catalog, as they believe in the entourage effect – the combined effect of all the ingredients naturally occurring in the hemp plant. However, for the people that like to take only CBD, there are CBD isolate products on their list.
Highlands Pharms makes several types of products: CBD oils, CBD edibles, CBD capsules, CBD creams, CBD vapes, CBD pet products and more. Here are their most notable products.
All CBD oils on the Highlands Pharms product catalog are made with full-spectrum CBD hemp extract. This is obtained from Colorado-grown hemp and extracted via supercritical CO2 extraction for a pure extract that contains all the natural compounds from the hemp plant. These contain less than 0.3% THC, well within the legal limit, as the source material used has a naturally low amount of THC.
The CBD oils by Highlands Pharms come in several strengths: 250 mg in a 25 ml bottle, 500 mg of CBD in 25 ml bottle, 1250 mg of CBD in a 25 ml bottle, 6000 mg on a 100 ml bottle and their staggering 15,000 mg of CBD in a 120 ml bottle.
Highlands Pharms make several types of CBD capsules. These come in several strengths: 15 mg, 25 mg, 50 mg and 75 mg of CBD per gelatin-based, soft gel capsule.
Each of these comes in a bottle with 30 capsules. For the vegans out there, the company sells CBD hemp capsules made with powdered hemp extract along with 100 mg of CBD per capsule.
Harnessing the useful effects of CBD and blending them with other natural ingredients is something Highlands Pharms does. They have made capsules with CBD and Curcumin C3 complex.
These water-soluble capsules come in three strengths 5 mg, 10 mg and 20 mg of CBD per capsule, packed in bottles of 30 capsules.
Edibles / Gummies
Highlands Pharms makes full-spectrum CBD-infused gummies that come in two concentrations: 10 mg and 20 mg per gummy.
These have the entourage effect as are made with their full-spectrum CBD extract are a tasty way of getting a good dose of CBD. Made with gluten-free, wheat-free formulation, these contain only natural ingredients like organic cane sugar, organic tapioca syrup, organic grape juice, pectin, and natural flavors and colors.
Beauty and Pain Topicals
Highlands Pharms makes several therapeutic and beauty products infused with CBD and other natural ingredients.
- Therapy Hemp Cream is a CBD-infused product that has a good amount of CBD along with essential oils and other ingredients that help nourish and rejuvenate the skin. There are rosemary and eucalyptus extracts that are known for their beneficial effects on the skin, as well as oils like almond, apricot, olive oil, aloe vera and more. This cream comes in strengths of 100 mg of CBD per 60 g jar and 200 mg of CBD per 120 g jar.
- Therapy CBD Lotion is another beauty product by Highlands Pharms. This product is made with 400 mg of CBD in a 120 g bottle with a pump for easy application. This lotion has a moisturizing effect due to the natural ingredients, gets easily absorbed in the skin and leaves it silky, smooth and refreshed.
- CBD bath bombs are a luxurious product infused with either 50 mg or 100 mg of CBD per bath bomb. These also contain other natural ingredients that help you relax and refresh, while the CBD and the warm water work their magic on your body.
Highland Pharms has two lines of vape products: their namesake Highland Pharms CBD Vape oil and the FX CBD Vape Oil.
- The Highland Pharms CBD Vape oil is made with all-natural vegetable glycerin and their hemp oil, along with natural flavors and an organic emulsifier. It comes in two versions: a 15 ml bottle with 250 mg of CBD, and a 30 ml bottle with 495 mg of CBD. These also come in three flavors: natural, mint and strawberry, and are safe that you can also use them as a CBD tincture.
- The FX CBD Vape oil series is made with all-natural vegetable glycerin and infused with plant terpenes. These are packed in bottles with 500 mg of CBD per 10 ml bottle, and increasing progressively – 20 ml bottle has 1000 mg, 30 ml bottle has 1500 mg of CBD. These come in seven flavors and effects that are achieved with the adding of specific terpenes to the blend: Natural, Touch, Think, Remedy, Sandman, Imagine and Chill.
Pros and Cons of Buying
During my preparation for this review, I learned several things I consider pros and some things I consider cons. I’ll share these here and you can judge them for yourself.
- US-grown hemp: Highland Pharms uses hemp grown on US soil, i.e. hemp grown in Colorado and as of recently hemp from California. They support the local economy and farmers by using GMO-free domestic crops.
- Supercritical CO2 extraction: this extraction method produces a solvent-free extract that has most of the naturally-occurring terpenes from the hemp plant.
- Independent lab tests: Highland Pharms constantly checks the quality and potency of their products in independent third-party labs, and they publish the results online.
- Proper customer support: the company ships to all 50 US states and they offer regular sales and discounts. They also have a discount code for each new customer and a free shipping option.
- Wide product offer: Highland Pharms has a great product catalog with a product for even the pickiest of clients.
A Few Cons
- Messy website: I don’t think that a company of Highland Pharms’s status should allow this to go on, as it is 2020 and their website is messy, disorganized and offers very little information about the company.
- On the pricier side: well, this can be debatable, because they have a transparent policy, disclosing the hemp source and extraction method, but when compared to similar brands, they are on the higher end of the price spectrum.
Final Buyer Recommendation
Highland Pharms is a CBD company based out of Texas, one of the US states with the strictest laws on hemp and CBD. Besides this, this CBD company has brought very good CBD products to the market.
They use Colorado and California-grown GMO-free hemp and extract the precious full-spectrum CBD hemp extract with CO2 extraction. This way, they can be certain that their products are solvent-free and pure, and they test them for quality and potency in third-party labs.
A bit on the costlier side, the Highland Pharms CBD products are good and the company has a proper customer service policy, making sure every customer is satisfied with their product. If it fits your budget, this is a company that you won’t want to overlook.