I came across this Miami-based CBD company the other day. It’s called LAV or Lav CBD, whatever you’d like to call it and I wanted to share my findings. The site had enough spice and jazz to catch my eye, so I went deeper. LAV CBD is a young CBD brand and as such, it works hard to find its place on the expanding CBD market. This company uses industrial hemp grown organically from Colorado and utilizes supercritical CO2 extraction. They test the extract for purity and potency and publish the lab test results online.
LAV CBD has a good product offer with enough variety to suit a large customer base. They offer standard USPS shipping and a 15-day return option. But to help the people of South Miami, where the company is seated, they provide door-to-door delivery. I did not like the claim that the LAV CBD products are full-spectrum, as they are made with THC-free broad-spectrum hemp extract. Otherwise, I liked the website, the product outlines, and the devotion of the company towards its customers.
The LAV CBD Brand
LAV CBD was founded in April 2019 and is located in Miami, Florida. This CBD company strives to offer affordable CBD products that claim to be full-spectrum. However, the LAV CBD products are THC-free, thus unable to be full-spectrum. I’ve made deeper research to check these claims and offer my findings here. LAV CBD runs a CBD delivery service in South Florida, offering door-to-door delivery of CBD products.
LAV CBD uses industrial hemp from Colorado grown per organic standards. This brand uses supercritical CO2 extraction to make its hemp extract, and the company states that they process the hemp naturally and produce the purest, premium CBD used in all the LAV CBD products. The lab tests performed on the LAV CBD products are published online and show that these are pure and potent products with adequate amounts of CBD that are listed on the labels.
The official website is nicely designed and has a lot of important information about the brand, CBD use, and LAV CBD products. The company ships all across the USA and in all the countries where CBD use is legal and they do this via USPS. There is an option to return some of the purchased items, but it is only eligible for 15 days after purchase. For the people in South Miami, they can call LAV, place an order, and ask for their product to be delivered at their home.
LAV CBD has brought some interesting CBD products on the market. Here is an overview of all of these.
The CBD tincture offer by LAV CBD consists of three differently flavored oils made with high-quality ingredients. The company claims that these oils are made with full-spectrum CBD hemp extract, but these have zero THC, which makes them broad-spectrum and not full spectrum. These also have a boost of pure CBD isolate that increases the amount of CBD in the tincture, making it more effective.
As a carrier oil, LAV CBD uses organic MCT oil that is also healthy for the body. The high-CBD tinctures by LAV CBD are packed in 30 ml bottles with dosing dropper and have 1000 mg of CBD per bottle and come in peppermint, tutti frutti, and caramel flavors. Each recommended dose brings about 33.3 mg of CBD, so you can plan your daily dose.
Unlike most other CBD brands that opt to sell CBD gummies, LAV CBD has decided to offer CBD-infused chocolate as their edible product. The CBD Chocolates come with 200 mg of CBD per bar and come in dark, caramel, and milk flavors, and packs of 50 grams. The company uses organic fair-trade cocoa from Peru and organic cane sugar in their chocolates. LAV CBD also makes chocolate truffles in dark chocolate and milk chocolate versions. Each box of these has 200 mg of CBD with 4 individual truffles.
LAV sells a Pain Relief Cream infused with CBD. This is a product that can provide relief from pain the back, neck, and elsewhere on the body. The ingredients make it an effective treatment against inflammation and aches. The cream is made with 500 mg of premium hemp extract that is THC-free and GMO-free. It is packed in a 60 ml jar and it also contains aloe vera gel, Frankincense, and arnica extracts that are known for their healing properties. The cream has a good amount of menthol that provides a cooling and pain-relieving effect.
LAV CBD makes two types of concentrates – isolate and distillate.
- The CBD isolate is a 99%+ pure product that contains only pure CBD and nothing else. It is made by extracting the CBD, concentrating it, and packing it in crystalline form. This is a convenient way of making CBD-infused products at home like cooking oil or other edibles, but you can also take it orally. LAV CBD packs its isolate per weight. There are several options like 0.5 grams, 1 gram, 5 grams, 10 grams, and 100 gram packs.
- CBD Distillate is a product that is made by distilling the raw hemp extract and concentrating the CBD and the other active cannabinoids from the hemp extract. The LAV CBD distillate contains 49.8% CBD and 50.1% other active cannabinoids and terpenes. This product can also be used for infusing your edibles with CBD or you can take it orally. It comes in 0.5 grams, 1 gram, 5 grams, 10 grams, and 100 gram packs.
LAV CBD sells CBD-rich flowers. These are packed with CBD and all the other natural terpenes and cannabinoids from the hemp plant. Each gram of dry CBD flower has about 100 mg of CBD. This is a raw flower, and unlike the other LAV CBD products, this one has a small amount of THC that is still below the 0.3% legal limit. The CBD flowers come in packs with 3 grams and people get to choose from five different terpene flavors like New York Diesel, Pineapple Express, OG Kush, Lemon Haze, and fan-favorite Sour Diesel.
The company sells vape pens, vape cartridges, JUUL pods, and other accessories for vaping.
- OG Kush Vape pen – this affordable vape pen holds 150 mg of CBD along with the natural terpenes from the OG Kush strain. It is full of flavors like smooth lavender and pine. It can be refilled, and it comes with a charger for longer use.
- Lemon Haze Vape pen – this vape pen comes with 150 mg of CBD and the Lemon Haze terpene signature for a pleasant, anxiety-relieving effect with a strong lemon aroma. It can be refilled and used many times over.
- Pineapple Vape pen – a convenient to use vape pen filled with the LAV CBD Pineapple Express vape juice, this pen comes with 150 mg of CBD. It can be refilled and used several times. The Pineapple Express strain terpenes give it strong fruity flavors of pineapple and mango.
- Pineapple Cartridge 500 mg – a vape cartridge filled with vape juice infused with CBD isolate and Pineapple Express terpenes, this is a great product for people that like vaping. The cartridge comes with the heating coil and it only requires a battery.
- Strawberry Cartridge 500 mg – a cartridge with CBD and Strawberry terpenes, this is a great way to enjoy cloudy vapors and take a good dose of CBD. The vape juice is made with CBD distillate and has added CBD isolate for a boost of its effectiveness. The cartridge comes with the heating coil and it needs a battery to work.
- Mint Cartridge 500 mg – this product is filled with CBD distillate and infused with CBD isolate for a stronger effect. The vape juice is infused with Mint terpenes that add a cooling sensation and tasty experience. To use this cartridge, you only need to get a battery.
- Vertex Pen – a battery for running the LAV CBD cartridges, this product is convenient to use. It comes in a selection of colors to suit your lifestyle.
- JUUL Pods – LAV CBD sells replacement JUUL pods. JUUL is a known vape brand, and their pens have uniquely-designed pods that cannot be refilled. But LAV CBD is licensed to sell JUUL pods filled with its vape juice. These come with 350 mg of CBD per pod in three terpene signatures: Mint, Strawberry, and Pineapple Express.
Pros and cons
During my research into LAV CBD, I noticed some pros and some cons that I share below.
- Colorado-grown industrial hemp
- Supercritical CO2 extraction
- 3rd Party lab tests published online
- THC-free products
- Good product offer and price points
- Nicely designed website
- The products are not full-spectrum but broad-spectrum
- Some unclear product descriptions
LAV CBD is a relatively new player in the CBD market. But this company does its best to offer quality products that can compete with the already established names in the industry. The company uses organic hemp grown in Colorado and they use supercritical CO2 extraction to make the CBD-rich hemp extract. They even do lab tests and publish the results online.
I liked most of the product descriptions, but I did not like how they claim to make products with full-spectrum CBD hemp extract when these are THC-free, which makes them broad-spectrum products. Still, the product offer is nicely organized, with highly concentrated CBD oil, CBD chocolate, CBD pain cream, CBD flowers, and CBD vapes. They even offer CBD isolate and CBD distillate, the latter being a product that is rarely found on the market. The website holds plenty of reviews and almost all of these are positive. My final thoughts are that LAV CBD is a nice CBD brand that is well on its way to becoming a trusted brand.